Old 22-07-2006, 02:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier

Default Request for the group...

Kathy,

A Mozilla Firefox help-newsgroup really got on my case about top posting a
few months back. According to them I was the devil destroying their
newsgroup. Naively I thought everyone has top posted since 2002. It took
me a few letters to even figure out what they were bitching about. But once
I figured it out, I left the newsgroup immediately never to return like the
picture-posters should do on RGO.

I once had a girlfriend from Rhode Island. She had some real nice frontal
lobes... if you know what I mean.

Mick

========================

"K Barrett" wrote in message
There ya go. The mystery group I read reams me from one orifice to
another about top posting. They hate it. They endlessly quote
"nettiquette" to me ad nauseum. (Like I care.) Perhaps they have frontal
lobes the size of Rhode Island (speaking in terms of geography)

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
.. .
Kathy,

I have always top posted. I didn't know bottom posting was a problem
here. I don't read bottom posters so I wouldn't even know they were here
spreading their disgusting filthy drivel on RGO. So you see, I wouldn't
even be able to catch them to reprimand their errant misguided ancient
ways.

Mick

========================

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Yeah, I know its not nettiquette, and I've been reamed for top posting
on other newsgroups, but sheesh. I like top posting for the same
reasons why Ray does. I know what you've said and am looking for your
response. But then, I have no life and the newsgroup is my entire world,
so I remember what goes on here. If I had a life, with people and
friends, I may not remember what anyone said due to real life's
interference. So I could understand why some folks might like to be
reminded of what other people said by scrolling past previous comments
and then post my comment to the end.

Perhaps its more healthy to be a bottom poster. At the very least it
would indicate that you have a life, or can at least pretend you do, or
maybe that you can move away from the computer for enough connected
hours in a period of time to forget what goes on here.

Who the posting cop should be I have no idea. Just don't let it be
Mick.. He already is the picture police.

I think Wendy should be top post cop. Wendy would rule with a polite,
light hand.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

K Barrett

"wendy7" wrote in message
Ray, Would you mean we should "Top Post"??

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Ray wrote:
...and maybe a bit anal, but...

Please configure your newsgroup client to add your response ABOVE the
quoted message.

When I have been following a thread, it's a PITA to have to scroll
down through tons of quoted info to find your response. I already
know what's been going on, and I want to know YOUR response, and not
have to drill down through what I've already read.

If I'm new to the thread, I'll be happy to dig a bit more.