Old 21-07-2006, 11:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
tmo

Default Yellow cukes ?

Big D wrote:
" Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
just wondering, my wife came in tonight from the garden tonight with some
yellow cukes . She asked if these were a special breed or over ripe ? is
there yellow cucumbers ?
Thanks,
Raz

There is a "Lemon Cucumber", but it is round in shape, unlike a regular cuc.

My wife bought a variety called "Blonde something or other". They
started green-yellow and got more yellow as they got bigger. They got
bigger and bigger as I waited for them to turn green. Finally I guessed
that the "blonde" meant that they were yellow and decided to try one
and they tasted fine, just with yellow skins. They look just like a
pickling cucumber, but with yellow skins. I seem to remember lemon
cucumbers being more round and actually having a faint citrus flavor.