Old 23-07-2006, 12:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default Killing Tree Roots Once and For All

First

Is the tree yours?

I would tell you how to do it but too many people would try to kill their
neighbors tree or when a tree protection ordinance requires the symplast of
the tree be dead before they can be removed. I will keep the information to
myself.

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com

http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.

"Gideon" wrote in message
. ..
Fleemo,

Let us know how things work out for you. Feedback
regarding the usefulness of our semi-intelligent free
advise is always appreciated.

Gideon

fleemo17 wrote:

Gideon, thank you for your suggestion. I haven't had much luck
spraying Roundup on the plants that pop up. They brown and shrivel a
bit, then come back full force. A neighbor suggested using brush
killer (SA-50?). I wonder how that compares with the 2-4-D.

Many thanks.

-Fleemo

Gideon wrote:
1) Spray the leaves with 2-4-D (Weed-B-Gon).
2) Drill holes in roots, pore in glyphosate (Roundup) using a funnel
Try to drill at an angle and avoid going all the way through the
roots.
3) Try both methods if you are extremely impatient.

Good luck,
Gideon