Old 23-07-2006, 08:05 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default Lime Tree Varieties

tt wrote:
You cant beat fowl manure Lime ands other products which the lemon tree
seems to thrive on. Same with other citrus....They love it....

I live right by the coast on a solid (it felt like when digging out
soakwells) limestonepad. Our alkalinity is high. chicken manure i was told
adds to the akalnity?

maybe thats what my trees need then. hmm interesting.t hanks

Hm OK Then I would suggest trying some sort of acid based correction.
Sulphate of Ammonia or similar.. Ask you nursery man or try this link
here...http://www.thegardenhelper.com/acidsoil.html
To be able to take up nutrient efficiently a tree or plant must have
a fairly neutral soil, unless it like the acid conditions...Then it will
cope...

Hope this webpage helps...