Old 23-07-2006, 03:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doobydoobydo

Default Puppy chewing plants: Any ideas?

Visitors often laugh at our Golden Retrievers toy box (just an open plastic
stacking/storage box), but he knows they are his things, to do with as he
wishes. Keeps him happy. I just need to teach him to bring them all back
in from the garden every night, as I often have to go out there and pick up
at least six cuddlies scattered around. Don't like leaving them out as have
witnessed fox pups playing with my last dogs toys. He's an orally fixated
gundog, he loves his teddies and is partial to the odd sock, which he
parades around with in his mouth.

"SallyJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Many thanks for all your ideas .. I have now fenced off the patio so he
can roam on this while staying safely in my sight ... have bought him a
wider range of chews.. am starting to teach him "drop".. and I keep
his favourite things within easy reach for rapid distraction. Once
again many thanks.