Old 23-07-2006, 12:41 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Derek

Default using tiles instead of a pond liner

I have a square double-brick-built area (5' x 4' x 2'6" deep)
in the middle of my patio that until last week surrounded a
large hazelnut tree. The tree and its surrounding soil has
been removed, and I want to use the use the space for a
raised pond. Being that the walls are flat and even, and the
floor is now cemented flat I was wondering whether it
would be a good idea to tile the interior instead of using a
pond liner. Does anyone here have any experience of
using tiles instead of a pond liner, or can advise on what
tiles and materials I should use?