Old 23-07-2006, 04:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Does Anyone Know

Vivek.M wrote:
Also check out:http://www.faqs.org/faqs/pictures-faq/part1/
But that's very verbose *grin*

I was just reading some of that. I got to:
"The first thing is this: please restrict yourself to a maximum of 400
KB of images per day.............."
And
"Now, say you're site A. You decide to post a few MB of pictures in one
day. Site B connects to your site, A, and grabs the articles. Site C
connects to site B and attempts to grab the articles. But site C is
rather limited. Its disks fill up a few times, perhaps the system
crashes. The sysadmin knows he will get an outrageous phone bill caused
by just ATTEMPTING to transmit all of your pictures."

I'm thinking my goodness, a news server using phone lines? When was that
written? Over 13 years ago as it turns out. Times have changed. :-)

Steve