Old 24-07-2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Larry Dighera Larry Dighera is offline
Registered User

Default What Happened to Countryside Orchids?

On 23 Jul 2006 01:59:01 GMT, (Aaron Hicks) wrote in
::

Countryside Orchids is no more.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Bill has stated he's going to have another go of it, this time
with houseplants.

Oh heck. He was the only source for Epidendrum anisatum of which I am
aware. I was hoping to purchase a few from him.

I purchased an Epi. citrosumum (its pure white, waxy flowers are very
pleasantly fragrant, citrus like) from him a few years ago, and now
it's filling the shade house with its perfume. I have found something
named similarly.

Woodstream Orchids offers Epidendrum citrosmum, but the flowers are
quite different from the plant that I have:
http://www.woodstreamorchids.com/epi.html

The Epi. cirtosmum shown here is yet another quite different plant
with a similar name: http://www.orchidspecies.com/epicitrosma.htm

This is a bit baffling. Mine doesn't look like either of those.

By my understanding, this makes my lab the largest single supplier
of orchids in the Rocky Mountains.

Congratulations on that distinction!

Incidentally, are you aware of these folks?
http://www.seeds-by-size.co.uk/orchid98.html