Old 24-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Eileen Eileen is offline
Registered User

Location: Berwickshire
Default Flies on my Plum Tree.

Hello,
For the past week my 8 year old plum tree has been covered in flies. I am at my wits end because droves of them are flying into my house.
At first I sprayed the flies in the house with Raid housepest spray, but when it did not have much affect on them I realized that they were not the usual black houseflies. A quick walk around my rural garden soon came up with the source.
A few days ago I sprayed the tree with a general insecticide but it has not made any difference at all.
I really do hope someone can help me with this, I have searched the internet and cannot find any information on this pest.
Regards and thanks in advance,
Eileen.