Old 24-07-2006, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
pixi pixi is offline

Default Run-Away Vine

Where I live, the water doesn't travel a great distance underground. At
least not as a rule. Our well is over 400 feet deep and it gives us only
about 300 gallons a day. People around here often have to have 3 or 4 wells
dug before they even hit water. If you go deep enough you can get water but
it's salt water.

In any case, it is obvious that you are no dumbell. Can we call a truce?
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Sorry about that. My mistake - it was intended for "I Love Lucy", who
said:
"One spill or slip, and I'll really mess up the soil. I was going to pour
just what I thought I needed in something smaller over the toilet
(ducking)."

She/he "ducked" because it was clear that the idea was a bad one.

By the way, it doesn't matter that you have a septic system. They are
designed to allow seepage into the soil, or they could not function
properly. Underground water can travel quite a distance, taking
contaminants along with it.

"pixi" wrote in message
You are not talking about me. I do not put toxic chemicals into my
toilet and we have a septic system, hundreds of feet from anyone's water
supply.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
If you give no thought to where the water from your toilet ends up
(along with the chemicals you spill in it), then Mensa is wrong.
Municipal treatment systems do not remove toxic chemicals, and nobody
knows what these chemicals do to people when they return to the drinking
water supply.

"pixi" wrote in message
Are you referring to me, Joe? Mensa considers me to be quite
intelligent.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"I Love Lucy" wrote in message
nk.net...

"pixi" wrote in message
I'm going to start painting the leaves tomorrow. Can't spray. Too
many plants and shrubs around.

Are you going to paint it on full strength? I've got a can of the
stuff and am hesitant to use it full strength, but I think that would
be most effective on stubborn, woody nuisances with vast underground
root systems.

One spill or slip, and I'll really mess up the soil. I was going to
pour just what I thought I needed in something smaller over the
toilet (ducking).

You're exactly the type of organism the chemical companies pray for:
Dumb as a box of rocks.