Old 24-07-2006, 01:36 PM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Grass gardens

"ant" wrote in message
I'm on a mountain in the Monara/ACT region, it's very windy, very

shaley
hydro-phobic soil, and usually quite dry.

What I really like is Poa-type grass, snowgrass being the best,
but shopping in teh rain today, best prospect I found was some Blue

Fescue
stuff. Had been idly thinking of Mondo, although it's not really my

thing,
but lady at the nursery said it's more of a watering grass. So I'm

back with
the dry tufty types to start with.

Anyway, can anyone see problems with this blue Fescue? And are

there any
other good tough tufty grasses easily obtainable? It's hot and dry

in
summer, (and windy), cold and dry and windy in winter.

Just how much Poa do you want? You can stop by the roadside on the
way to Cooma and dig out as much Poa as you like.