Old 24-07-2006, 11:52 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.local.hampshire,uk.local.isle-of-wight,uk.local.southwest,uk.rec.gardening
Humble Scribe Humble Scribe is offline

Default Israel attacks/ international law?

In message op.tc6u8iu1q4en03@home1, Arthur
writes
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:45:49 +0100, Humble Scribe
wrote:

In message , Guy Fawkes
writes
Are Israeli attacks against the people of Lebanon and Gaza in accord
with
the requirements of international law, and if not, how are these
attacks any
different to Hitler invading Poland?

Poland wasn't firing rockets into Germany........

Just to be clear, are you saying that the current Israeli actions are
justified?

No- just pointing out the difference between Hitler's action and
Israel's action as requested.

That said and although I am Israel's Zionist policies, I suspect that if
the IRA were regularly firing rockets into Liverpool and had a
fundamental objective of wiping the UK off the map (as Hizbollah does
with Israel) then would we not support the UK army seeking to wipe them
out even if they were in the Irish Republic and the Irish Government
were doing nothing to stop them?

But then we get back to why are Hizbollah firing the rockets. They will
claim in retaliation for Israel's military actions over the last 50
years; Israel will claim that the military actions would not happen if
it were not for Hizbollah/Hamas terrorism on Israeli soil and so on.
Regrettably this is just another step along inexorable road to all-out
Arab/Israeli war in the Middle East- possibly even nuclear, within the
next 5-10 years. This could lead to a broader global conflict to gain
overall control of the Middle East/Caspian Sea oil & gas reserves.

The outlook is not good! :-))
--
John