Old 24-07-2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default is it possible to grow fruit trees organically

wrote in message
oups.com...
hi we live in norhtern california about 1 hour south of san francisco
(zone 9b i think).
we would like to plant asian pears, apricots, parismons and avacado
trees, all dwarf types.

is it possible to care for asian pears, apricots, and grapes without
using chemicals?
if so, are there any websites you can point me to for more information?

our nursery seems to think that we may have proble with asian pears and
apricots if we don't treat them with pesticides.

we are also thinking of growing dwarf fig and tagerines in 15 gallon
pots. will the pots be big enough?

thank you in advance.

Some grapes suffer from little or no pest or disease damage, but they may
not be the ones you like to eat. For instance, seedless green grapes tend to
be hopelessly dependent on chemicals. Contact your local cooperative
extension, and be persistent until you find someone to speak with who REALLY
knows the best varieties to grow in your area. The moment someone pauses and
seems to be guessing, ask to speak to someone else.