Old 24-07-2006, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy I Love Lucy is offline

Default Run-Away Vine

"pixi" wrote in message
I will probably start with the diluted stuff and see how it works. I
don't think Roundup is supposed to affect the soil but may be wrong on
that.

I will pour it into a tin can and dip the paint brush in that.

Hmmm. I was thinking of a baby food jar labelled big bad poison bacause
I can cap off any I don't use and don't have to worry about spills
pouring it back in the can. I don't think diluted will handle what I
plan to paint on the woody whacked off parts. Maybe I should wait for
leaves and just paint those. I am not looking forward to messing with
the stuff at any strength.

It shouldn't affect the soil after a few days at least, but I don't know
about full strength.

I don't know what my son sprayed with, it wasn't roundup, and it took
care of most of it, but some of the tougher stuff and pre-emerging stuff
it didn't phase. Some got on my fern which I tried to double plastic
bag, part of the leaf turned black but I tore it off and it looks better
than it ever has.

I'm glad I found this as I knew I'd tacked a question on somebody's post
and was trying to remember which one.