Old 24-07-2006, 04:22 PM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon loosecanon is offline

Default Grass gardens

this site might help identifyng the serrated tussock
http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/nrenin...00128CA256BCF0
00AD548ECC844336D72F0634A256DEA00293F8A

"ant" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:

Just how much Poa do you want? You can stop by the roadside on the
way to Cooma and dig out as much Poa as you like.

true, and I have quite a bit of something which I THINK is Poa on my

place.
Trouble is, my region is infested with Serrated Tussock, and I'm buggered
if i can tell the difference. I was eyeing some nice looking tufts on the
driveway today, but i just don't know which is which, and I'd feel like an
idiot planting up a Special Grass Garden with serrated tussock! (it'd grow
too big, too).

I think that the tufty stuff on my hilltop is proper alpine poa, but have

my
suspicions about stuff lower down, nearer the trees.

--
ant