Old 24-07-2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy I Love Lucy is offline

Default Run-Away Vine

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
snip
One spill or slip, and I'll really mess up the soil. I was going to
pour just what I thought I needed in something smaller over the toilet
(ducking).

It wouldn't have any effect. Roundup (Glyphosate) has to be
sprayed (spread) onto growing foliage and absorbed. Using it
any other way is just a waste of your money.

That's what the guy told me at the hardware store where I bought it.
Foliage. That's good enough for me. Easier, too.

Yes, I will read the back of the can carefully before I tackle that.
Thanks for the good info.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyphosate

I gave this only a brief look, wiki info isn't always
correct. It did appear to have the basics though, explaining
exactly how Glyphosate works.

Anyone who uses Roundup or Glyphosate should take the time
to read and understand how it is suppose to work before
using it.

If you buy your groceries from the store you have been
eating the stuff (Glyphosate) for years now. Trace amounts
can be found in virtually all products made from
commercially grown crops.