Old 24-07-2006, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default Chinese (lacebark) Elm question

My Elm has a few yellowed leaves with dark areas located on most of the
longer new-ish growth about halfway from the trunk to the tip. That is,
say 40% of the distance out from the trunk is green and fine as is 40%
in from the tip, but in the middel area, the leaves will fall when
handled and are yellow. Of course, it has been very hot just this last
week or 2 but most of the tree seems to be really in fine condition. The
yellow leaves are a small fraction of the total greenery - just an odd
thing. No insects that I can see so I suspect environmental.

any thoughts?

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)