Old 24-07-2006, 06:28 PM posted to bionet.plants
Dave Kristie Dave Kristie is offline

Default Victory Oats

Hello
Victory Oats seems to be the classic cultivar used in many traditional auxin bioassays. (eg oat coleoptile section test)

Does anyone know where Victory Oats can be obtained? nowadays? There doesn't seem to be a supplier in North America.
I have "heard" that they are only available from Sweden, but I cannot find a source on the web.

Secondly, does anyone know whether there are other oat cultivars that have been routinely used in these bioassays??

Thanks
Dave Kristie