Old 24-07-2006, 11:56 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.local.hampshire,uk.local.isle-of-wight,uk.local.southwest,uk.rec.gardening
kj kj is offline

Default Israel attacks/ international law?

wrote:
The Todal wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Grant wrote:
"Humble Scribe" wrote in message
In message , Guy Fawkes
writes
Are Israeli attacks against the people of Lebanon and Gaza in accord
with
the requirements of international law, and if not, how are these
attacks
any
different to Hitler invading Poland?

Poland wasn't firing rockets into Germany........

Lebanon are _NOT_firing rockets in to Israel. You idiot, and the
Israelis
fully accept that.
But they ARE being fired from Lebanese territory, with at the very
least Lebanon looking the other way. In fact from within the Lebanese
towns and Cities that are now being destroyed!

You omitted that part in your attempt to make the Lebanese look
completely blameless.

The small children are blameless. The old women are blameless. Many of the
young men, those who have nothing to do with Hizbollah, are blameless. So
what possible justification can there be for killing civilians and firing
missiles at mini-buses full of refugees or Red Cross vehicles? The world
knows that it is contrary to international law and that the Israelis are
guilty of war-crimes because of their failure to confine their missiles to
military targets. I hope that one day the military and political leaders of
Israel are kidnapped and taken to Europe to stand trial, the way they made
Eichmann stand trial.

And I'm afraid that many people who might have sympathised with Israel, now
feel a certain sense of satisfaction when they hear that Hizbollah missiles
are still falling on Haifa. I don't, but then again I have relatives living
in Israel. Their leaders are as stupid as ours. After all, it was Blair
whose folly caused the London bombings.

As for the Board of Deputies of British Jews, who organised a pro-Israel
demonstration in Kenton over the weekend, shame on them.

Are they completely blameless? Is anyone in Lebanon completely
blameless? Hezbollah has had a major presence in that country for
years. They have been supported by the local population, the government
and their neighbours. They knew their aims of annihilation of Israel
and yet at the very least Tolerated them.

Time to pay The Reaper.

I notice that you're very keen to get the Israeli's to "stand trial",
but don't mention anyone from Hezbollah, who have been aiming rockets
at Israeli residential districts, (failing to confine their missiles to
military targets!) killing and
Civilians!! (Any particular reason for not mentioning that?)

Oh, and by the way, to prove "War Crimes" you would have to show that
the targets were *known* to be innocent civilians, and were
deliberately targetted. Impossible in this war where Hezbollah hides
like children in Residential areas don't you think?

Hezbollah did not exist before Israel last invaded Lebanon, it was
created as a response to that little act of (illegal) occupation