Old 25-07-2006, 07:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener madgardener is offline

Default Missing Dandelions...

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
" wrote:

Has anyone else noticed the lack of dandelions this summer? I have
only found 2 so far and one of those was in the yard of a garden
center.

My yard was so full of them this spring that I finally got around to
making Dandelion wine for the first time in 25-30 yrs. 1 gallon of
blossoms in a 20x30 side yard.

It does seem like they were early and have stopped blossoming- but we
[upstate NY] had an incredibly warm May, followed by the wettest June
on record- followed by [so far] a very wet July.

Jim

ahhhhhhhhhhh, my grandpap used to make the occasional dandelion
wine....haven't tasted that in over 40 years...................does it
have that bitter taste I recall? and how did you make yours?
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee where I let the dandelion's be, the bee's
adore them.........