Old 25-07-2006, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Larry Dighera Larry Dighera is offline
Registered User

Default Request for the group...

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:38:31 -0400, "Mick Fournier"
wrote in
::

So as you can see my news reader straightens out all that
unreadable bottom posting and makes it right like God intended posts to be
read.

So then a mixture of top and bottom posted follow up articles are
archived on GoogleGroups causing Usenet researchers no end of
difficulty in parsing the message thread.

While that may not be much of an issue in RGO, it can be in newsgroups
were information is posted instead of social chit chat.

Bottom posting is chronological; later comments occur after earlier
comments.

Have we become so lazy, that we would rather destroy the coherence of
the message archive rather than spin the wheel on our mouse's?

/rant mode