Old 25-07-2006, 12:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Flies on my Plum Tree.

No promises, but I use liquid Sevin as a spray. It gets almost everything
that has bothered my garden. Don't use it on blooming plants because it
will also kill your pollinators.

Dwayne

"Eileen" wrote in message

Hello,
For the past week my 8 year old plum tree has been covered in flies. I
am at my wits end because droves of them are flying into my house.
At first I sprayed the flies in the house with Raid housepest spray,
but when it did not have much affect on them I realized that they were
not the usual black houseflies. A quick walk around my rural garden
soon came up with the source.
A few days ago I sprayed the tree with a general insecticide but it has
not made any difference at all.
I really do hope someone can help me with this, I have searched the
internet and cannot find any information on this pest.
Regards and thanks in advance,
Eileen.

--
Eileen