Old 25-07-2006, 10:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
ant[_1_] ant[_1_] is offline

Default Grass gardens

jils wrote:
hi ant
i can see the problem, this website mentions several grasses that look
like serrated tussock, see the heading "look alikes"
http://www.esc.nsw.gov.au/Weeds/Shee...%20tussock.htm
and this one points out how similar poa is to serrated tussock:
http://www.sgaonline.org.au/weed_nas...richotoma.html
but i've learned a lot about grass weeds just because you asked!

I've got a lot of stuff that looks like the first picture, but I've never
seen rolling masses of that white flossy stuff. Purple seems to be the main
way of IDing it though. It's terrible stuff, useless as a nutrient so
animals eat it but get no benefit.

--
ant