Old 25-07-2006, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Runner beans (again)

"Peter C" wrote
I have an abundance of runner beans which we enjoy.Yhose on sale in
supermarkets are straight. The majority of mine are curled up.
As a matter of interest 'How do you produce straight ones?'

I think to some extent this depends on variety - some just tend to be
longer and/or straighter. Otherwise it's probably down to how much elbow
room the beans have to dangle unrestricted. My runners usually turn out
curlier than the ones my father grows but he has a bigger veggie garden
and uses taller stakes, spacing things out a wee bit further, which
could
account for it.

--
Sue