Old 25-07-2006, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy I Love Lucy is offline

Default Run-Away Vine

"Ann" wrote in message
"I Love Lucy" expounded:

My yard is looking better every day since I got rid of most of those
weeds.

I get rid of my weeds and keep my gardens well groomed wtihout the use
of chemicals. It's a pleasure to weed, dig in the dirt, prune, garden
in general, and I've got every single weed you mentioned plus more.
I've got many gardens around my .6 acre. It's called gardening and
it's very easy to do it without chemicals. Why you want to douse
everything with poison is beyond me. You may not be as dumb as a box
of rocks, but you certainly do sound a bit lazy.

Well, superwoman I'm not, Ann. And maybe I'm a bit lazy. I'm tired and
haven't been well for some years if you must know the truth. I am
getting old. It is not a pleasure having had one case of skin cancer
among other things to be out in the hot sun weeding. yes I can do it
after the sun goes down but overcast days have ultraviolet rays bouncing
around, I have a hat and whatever, the wind blows it off, don't like it.
I don't want to weed. I don't like it. I planted some pretty flowers.
It is all I can do to hand weed those and carry gallons of water where
the hose won't reach behind the garage, keep up with the rest of the
constant watering in the heat, my interest in photography has been shot
to you know what from all this gardening work which I haven't done for
years, and it's nowhere near where I eventually want to be with it. It
has been hot. It is all I can do to keep up with that much and work on
two projects inside destined for outside if they ever get done that are
dear to my heart.

I'm glad there are some women who can do it right. I am not one of
them.

--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts