Old 25-07-2006, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default who loves nettles revisited

On 25/7/06 13:06, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

I have just inspected all the nettles that I left to grow and there does
not seem to be a great deal of insect life on them, disappointing to say
the least, whats wrong with my nettles I would like to know :-) We do
however have a huge number of gatekeeper butterfly`s so I must be
getting something right.

I know little about this but aren't eggs laid on the undersides of leaves?
Did you actually turn the leaves over and if so, has your crop of dock
leaves greatly diminished? ;-)
You might also like to plant the lovely Eupatorium which, in our experience
here, is very much more attractive to butterflies even than Buddleia.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk