Old 25-07-2006, 10:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Run-Away Vine

"pixi" expounded:

The poor woman made a simple remark. Why are you all picking on her. And
as for Ann. .6 acres is one very small lot. And you are probably a sweet
young thing who has no idea what it feels like to be old.

Gee, thanx. I'm hardly a sweet young thing anymore, I'm in the second
half of my century G.

Lazy? I doubt
it. I was once known as a workaholic. My daughter often accused me of
making work just for the heck of it. I am over 80 years old and I keep
plugging but I can't get much done any more. Makes me mad. But that's old
age.

I hope to be in my 90's and still working in my garden. And I hope to
be fulltime in Maine by then.

Let's knock off being nasty to Lucy.

Not particularly nasty, but blunt. It isn't hard to keep your yard in
order. I've got 2.5 acres up in Maine that stays quite nice, too,
given the limited amount of time we spend at that home. I just don't
like dousing the environment with chemicals because someone doesn't
want to weed. Grass it all over and mow it (and learn to love
dandelions.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts