Old 26-07-2006, 07:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default is it possible to grow fruit trees organically

simy1 wrote:

wrote:
I have been trying to do this for about 5 years in central NJ with minimal
success. I won't say it can't be done but it seems impossible from my
experience. For example.

Without some sort of fungicide most peaches and plums are lost to
fungal disease. Without pesticides most apples are extensivly scarred and

However, on the West Coast plums often make it without any pesticides.
Really, dry air cuts disease down dramatically.

I can see dry air reducing the fungus problems, but what about the insects?
If you have none, you are truely blessed.

Sherwin D.

Sherwin D.