Old 26-07-2006, 07:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Flies on my Plum Tree.

Eileen wrote:

Thank you Dwayne. I'm off to search for a bottle of Sevin now before I
die from heat exhaustion! The flies are so bad I cannot open my
downstairs windows.

Eileen.

Before you rush out, check the following web site on Sevin:

http://www.bayercropscienceus.com/products/view:sevin/

It does not mention flies on it's list of targets. Not to say that Sevin won't
work,
but I would try and identify the fly first and try and get a pesticide perhaps
more
effective for the job. Take a few dead flies to your Garden Center or Extension

Center to identify it and get advice on the best pesticide for the job.

Sherwin