Old 26-07-2006, 06:57 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
P van Rijckevorsel P van Rijckevorsel is offline

Default Fiber angle and bending stiffness

"koehlerl" schreef
Hi

Would anyone have advice on how the bending stiffness of a fiber-matrix
composite depends on the angle of the fibers? Should be a pretty basic
problem, but I could only find information for the stiffness in tension,
not bending. I would need this to discuss the influence of changes in
the cellulose microfibril angle in wood cell walls on the bending
stiffness of the wood.

Thanks a lot!

Lothar Koehler

Michigan State University

You mention:
* bending stiffness of a fiber-matrix composite
* the angle of the fibers in it
* microfibril angle in cell walls
* bending stiffness of the wood
This covers quite a few levels. Hardly looks basic!
PvR