Old 26-07-2006, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default water plants while on holiday in this heat ?

On 26/7/06 07:03, in article
, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

I have several pots which peppers , chilli's , white dwarf aubergines ,
hanging toms etc

and also the flower beds etc

I don't have anyone who is able to water them while I'm away .
Neighbour has hurt her neck and can't physically do it
family are also away or too far away from my garden.

Can I have some suggestions on what to do so that they will stand a
chance of surviving while I'm away as I really don't want to loose them
as I have a good crop coming .

Already had some aubergines and they were yummy so ,so , so much nicer
than the shop bought ones

Have you checked your local paper to see if anyone provides a service that
would cover this? Can you ask your local park/library/church sexton etc. if
they know someone who could help? It strikes me it could be quite a nice
little business for a fairly able-bodied person. As to your neighbour,
presumably you're in a hose-pipe ban area, otherwise she could do it? The
only other thing I can think of is some form of irrigation system on a
timer. Your neighbour could then switch that off if it pours with rain
during your absence.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk