Old 26-07-2006, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default is it possible to grow fruit trees organically

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:53:08 -0500, sherwindu
wrote:

What I should have said that there are organically grown fruits, but no organic
fruits.

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Have you checked the prices in Garden Alive's catalog for pheremone
lures. It would cost a fortune to cover anyone with more than just a
handfull of trees. If you take all those photos as the gospel, well I can't
help that. Commercially, it is also more expensive when you consider the
attrition rate of damaged fruit vs. the cost to grow it. Maybe that is why
the consumer pays inflated prices for organically grown fruit and vegetables
at the store.

Sherwin D.

I don't buy anything other than Gnatrol from Gardens Alive and I do
that with a 20.00 off coupon. However, the photo's are accurate to
show the diseases of most backyard fruits.

Gallo Wine has been growing organic grapes for decades. The produce
at the store is tricky. Like, they sell organic bananas. I've never
known a reason to spray a banana plant, so they are all basically
organic.

I see organic produce and its priced about ten percent more than
conventionally grown produce.