Old 26-07-2006, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default water plants while on holiday in this heat ?

"Gardening_Convert" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:

I don't have anyone who is able to water them while I'm away .
Neighbour has hurt her neck and can't physically do it
family are also away or too far away from my garden.

You only have the one neighbour?

Mike

don't get on with the other one

That's a crying shame, I have great neighbours all round and we all help
each other :-))

However, I have put my 'thinking cap' on and thought, 'What would we do
under the circumstances?' and going on the one neighbour theme, but with a
hurt neck, how to make it easy for her/him.
Obvious answer is a hose, but with the present restrictions possibly not on,
BUT, we have 8 water butts and it would be quite easy to fix hoses to the
taps for said neighbour to walk around with. Simply clip on the top of the
butt to hold hose up and saves bending down :-))

Watering cans already with water in, strategically placed. Not full to be
too heavy, but with milk cartons, full of water nearby to top up. A 4 litre
milk carton filled with water is not too heavy.

Put all pots together to make watering easy

With regards to the beds, well and truly douse them before you go, make sure
they are mulched and douse them again and make sure the hose reaches there
:-))

And if you are away for 3 months as we were recently, do it in the winter,
ie all of January, February and March and there is not too much to worry
about ;-)) because you will be enjoying someone else's gardening labours in
their Summer:-)))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk