Old 26-07-2006, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian[_3_] Brian[_3_] is offline

Default Garden design

Greetings all

Our garden has been much neglected over the last few years, mainly due
to ill-health, but is now undergoing a complete transformation. It is a
typical terraced house garden (13 x 75 feet) and has recently been taken
back to bare earth. We have designed the hard landscaping and will be
doing this over the next month to 6 weeks.

Our problem is that neither my wife or myself have any knowledge of
plants, so feel somewhat daunted regarding a planting scheme. Any ideas
as to how we should approach this, or recommended books would be most
appreciated. Is it the sort of thing that we could ask a garden designer
to do, given that we already have a plan of the layout?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

brianb (at) dsl (dot) pipex (dot) com