Old 26-07-2006, 05:01 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_2_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_2_] is offline

Default Walking Sticks - Dangerous or not?

In article ,
"Mike Harris" wrote:

"marcesent" wrote in message
A search online doesn't reveal much. So how dangerous are these
creatures? Anyone have any stories? Do I need to be nervous in the garden
now?

TIA,
Julie

Not on account of the walking sticks. Safe as houses, those are. Stay away
from the tree asps / asp larvae though. Had one drop down the back of my
collar one time - ouch!
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX

Oh lordy... I just brushed my hand against an asp once when I was
picking wild persimmons.

Ouch indeed!

I put them in the trash now when I find those. I grab them with a few
layers of paper towels!

Had pain for nearly 24 hours.
--
Peace!