Old 26-07-2006, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adam Adam is offline

Default New garden!

Hello everyone

I hope to become a bit of a regular on this group, so before I start asking
all my questions (and hopefully answering a few too if I can) I wanted to
introduce myself. I'm actually not completely new to this group, as I used
to post regularly in the dim distant past, but since I haven't posted to
this group any time in the last 5 years, I doubt that anyone will remember
me.

I've been living in a house in London with a rather small garden, wishing I
had a bigger one, for many years, and have finally saved up my pennies and
bought a house with a bigger garden. I'm really looking forward to doing all
sorts of exciting things, and I'm sure I'll need to tap into the wisdom of
this group many times over the next few months. I've been interested in
gardening for about 15 years, but have mostly been limited by the size of my
garden from doing anything too exciting, and for the last couple of years
have been ludicrously busy at work and have watched as more and more weeds
grew in the garden without having the time to do anything about it.

Anyway, all that is about to change. I'm going to make time for my garden
from now on. The garden isn't huge, although it's a lot bigger than my last
one, but the really good thing is that there are some council allotments at
the end of the garden of which I have rented a nice big patch which is
immediately adjacent to my garden. It's currently hugely overgrown.

The garden is mainly lawn with flower borders down the sides. My plan is to
leave that mainly as it is, but probably to dig up a large patch near the
house for a herb garden, and grow all my veg in the allotment.

I'm sure I'll be back with many questions before long, but in the meantime I
just wanted to say hello.

Best wishes
Adam