Old 26-07-2006, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_1_] Bob Hobden[_1_] is offline

Default What type of hedge is this?

"John" wrote
Having moved house, I find myself with this beauty of a hedge...
Question is what type of hedge is it? and how do I trim, cut, maintain it
as it is now taking over the footpath!!!

http://i7.tinypic.com/212e7p0.jpg

http://i7.tinypic.com/212eag4.jpg

http://i7.tinypic.com/212ebfk.jpg

With all that brown showing, which will not regenerate, it looks well past
it's best. If you cut back to the brown it will remain brown so there is
little you can do to reduce it's size.
I'd remove it myself and either plant something else (privet, yew...) or put
up a fence.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden