Old 26-07-2006, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_1_] Bob Hobden[_1_] is offline

Default Garden design

"Brian" wrote
((snip)).

Our problem is that neither my wife or myself have any knowledge of
plants, so feel somewhat daunted regarding a planting scheme. Any ideas as
to how we should approach this, or recommended books would be most
appreciated. Is it the sort of thing that we could ask a garden designer
to do, given that we already have a plan of the layout?

Get a pencil and pad and go visit good gardens, if you like a bit of what
you see write down the names and positions of the plants in relation to each
other. You will then get the best bits of each garden in yours.
You will need to read up on what these plants require though.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden