Old 27-07-2006, 05:24 AM posted to austin.gardening
James Lee Johnson James Lee Johnson is offline

Default Walking Sticks - Dangerous or not?

"marcesent" wrote:
Also says that they don't eat other bugs - they eat leaves.

My wife tells me that the praying mantis is a carnivore and the walking
stick is a vegetarian. Walking sticks normally don't do enough damage to
plants to be a concern.

I've handled both and never had one spit at me.

I can't remember if I ever saw a horned lizard squirt blood. When I was
young "horny toads" were plentiful and we could easily catch them, and did.

j jhnsn