Old 27-07-2006, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default Choosing companies to do garden work

"Derek" wrote in message
Hello all

We need various things doing in our garden that we simply don't have
time to do. We need a new lawn laying, some fencing and decking done, a
pond building and a shed moving.

Gardening companies in Yellow pages seem to provide some of the services
but not others and we don't really know where to start, we just want to
find someone who can do it all.

Is there a specific category in Yellow Pages we should be looking for or
does anyone know of companies that can provide this sort of thing. We're
in Stockport.

Thanks

Hi Derek

Ask your neighbours or at the nearest Garden Centre.

One of my daughters has just bought another house in Tilehurst Reading.
Neither she nor I knew anyone there and we had to have all sorts of things
done. Neighbours are wonderful things and have helped no end with personal
help and recommendations:-))

Also, ask Tradespeople you do know if they know anyone like that. I am doing
a lot of work on my own house here on the Isle of Wight and I want some
ceilings and walls plastering. I just asked a near neighbour who is a
painter and decorator and he has come up trumps with a recommendation:-))))

Ask!!

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk