Old 27-07-2006, 03:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

Default How do farmers do it?

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:09:15 GMT, "Joseph A. Zupko"
wrote:

Here at the community garden the veggie plants are being eaten by deer and
ground hogs. The only ting that is going well are beans and corn. They are
eating everything squash, tomato , peppers etc.Hoe do farmers tolerate this?
They must lose tons of plants. Do they have some kind of defense mechanism
besides a gun?

I don't know about the deer, but I'm pretty sure they send the
groundhogs to our place. Some kind of nonaggression pact, or something.
They'll send the squirrels around just when the corn gets ripe.