Old 27-07-2006, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Cucumbers

On 25/7/06 09:09, in article , "TMC"
wrote:

Hi

New to group so sorry if this is a regular question

First year with greenhouse

I have a very active cucumber plant in my greenhouse but the cucumbers are
bitter for more than half of their length

I am growing it in a large pot of multipurpose compost with John Innes and
watering regularly

I have regularly removed the male flowers

snip

My husband used to crow cukes commercially, so I asked him about this. He
says it's usually lack of water or irregular watering that makes them
bitter. So whatever you've been giving them, they obviously need more!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk