Old 27-07-2006, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default Choosing companies to do garden work

I used to think that, but no longer. After a couple of "recommended"
tradesmen thought recommended meant " grossly inflated quotation
opportunity ", were indifferent, or downright duffers ; I tried Yellow
Pages as a last resort and found there the very best service possible at
an excellent price, from complete strangers.

I would recommend picking two or three smallish straightforward YP
adverts, (size and taste matter; IME this leads to no-nonsense traders
who keep a keen grip on costs), and phone up with a couple of
subtly-prepared questions. By number three you'll be able to compare
the reception your questions received, and the quality of the answers.

Janet.

There is of course the local 'freebies'. When I was in business I had a
regular advertisement, just a small one, but always there :-)) People even
cut the advert out and put it in their telephone directory. A regular
advertiser says something....... "I am still here. If I was a rogue trader
or useless, the magazine would have been contacted and my adverts scrapped"

My last advert appeared well over 10 years ago. I am STILL getting telephone
calls with offers of work :-)) At 70 in a couple of weeks time, what does

Sorry Sacha, but you know the saying

THE TRUTH DOES PREVAIL

Mike :-)
Still here whilst others have fallen by the wayside :-))

www.rnshipmates.co.uk