Old 27-07-2006, 09:24 PM posted to austin.gardening
Kathleen[_1_] Kathleen[_1_] is offline

Default Walking Sticks - Dangerous or not?

I think it was the self-righteous superiority thing, but I could be wrong.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

--
You never know how much you really believe anything
until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life or death to you.

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:04:40 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:41:29 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

Om is all about enlightenment.....

Ya, and as long as you rejoice in killing sentient beings you will
never reach enlightenment. That would require a basic level of
wisdom.

Cockroaches are sentient?

Cockroaches don't need to be in my house.

I trap them under a glass and slide thin cardboard under that. I
place them gently outside.

Whatever works for you...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z54B2597D

Cockroaches transmit human disease.
They are vermin.

Vectors that can cause endless human suffering due to misguided fools
like you.

No offense.

I believe in being merciful when it's appropriate.

Mine, my families and my neighbors health are more important than that
of the cockroach. They are not an endangered species, nor do they have
any benefit that I know of.

I treat fire ants, mosquitos and houseflies with the same "compassion".
I make sure that they meet a reasonably merciful death.

Oh, and rats and mice too. I'm sure all the people that have died of
Hannta virus and bubonic plague will bow down and thank you for your
mercy in rescuing vermin.

Fleas, lice, ticks... I could go on.
There are limits to mercy. It's called common sense.

Unfortunately, it seems to be an oxymoron to people like you.

The Omelet is deliberate, Omeggs are generally served scrambled. ;-)

Okay.

You have no sense of humor.

Hide from reality where you cannot hurt anyone by setting disease ridden
vermin free to hurt other humans!

Better yet, feed them and keep them in your home where they can transmit
their delightful pathogens to you.

Bacteria and viruses have a right to live too, right?

Sorry, but this crap can be carried to extremes, and I WILL draw the
line at cockroaches and similar creatures!!!!!!!

I work in health care. I've SEEN the suffering they can cause!

Set that damned cockroach free. It'll wander over to where some baby or
elderly person (those more likely to die of Salmonella infection) will
get infected and die due to your "compassion".

I'll let you comfort the family members.

Cheers!

OOps, must have struck a nerve.