Old 28-07-2006, 08:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Lemon Tree Space Needed?

wrote in message
Hi Everybody,

I am thinking of planting a lemon tree in my yard. How much
individual space do they like?

There are other things out there like vegetable beds, a fence, a
wall, and a few small unidentified trees. Meaning obstructions
and also competition for nutrients and water.

Thanks.

Depends on the size of the tree. A full size one about a 12 ft circle but
those grafted on to a dwarf rootstock are smaller, check with the supplier.
Unless it will be shaded or have serious root competition you can crowd them
a bit from the recommended space and it will just grow with less vigour.

David