Old 28-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Eileen Eileen is offline
Registered User

Location: Berwickshire

Thank you Harry for your informed and detailed reply I much appreciate it, but to be honest I have been worried all morning since reading it. It all just seemed so awesome.

What surprised me was that a few years ago I replied to a newspaper ad' from a local farmer selling horse manure. I for some silly reason was thinking that a trailer load of manure would be like a ton at the most. You can imagine my horror when I came home from work that day to find in excess of 6 tons of it dumped at the front of my house! The amazing thing is despite it taking us weeks to shovel/wheelbarrow and spread the manure in my garden we were never bothered with the flies as we are now. (p.s my husband will never let me forget this episode, he says next time I'm on my own!!)

Sherwin, thank you for calming my panic.