Old 28-07-2006, 09:01 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Grass gardens

"ant" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:

Just how much Poa do you want? You can stop by the roadside on

the
way to Cooma and dig out as much Poa as you like.

true, and I have quite a bit of something which I THINK is Poa on my

place.
Trouble is, my region is infested with Serrated Tussock, and I'm

buggered
if i can tell the difference.

Serrated is very fine and will look almost purplish is you catch it in
a sideways light in Autumn when the seed heads are on it. Poa (in all
it's guisdes) is a much more robust beast. BTW, if you have got
serrated, get onto it in Spring or otherwise the mogrel will take over
your block and end up strangling you in your bed.