Old 28-07-2006, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Clematis Viticella

In article , Sacha
writes
On 27/7/06 18:03, in article ,
"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:

snip

If the worst comes to the worst we could see private collections and
order from Charlie

... or just go to Charlie's website and look at his list and photos
and then order.

Jennifer - in Bristol

Seconded! "If the worst comes to the worst" would be "ordering from one of
the best"!

Sacha! I didn't mean it that way though it came out like that , I did
pout a smiley at the end.

I was intending to order from Charlie myself bit one or two of the
group like to actually SEE the plants before judging and buying. It's
not always easy from photographs let alone computer screens to tell what
plants will be like and what shade the flowers are. I've seen flora
Pleno looking superb on screen but in the 'petal' it was wispy and
unimpressive.

Seeing them being grown also shows what you can combine them with and
gives you ideas about what you can do.
If we lived one or two days driving nearer to Charlie's we'd be hot
footing it down there as fast as possible, HONEST!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph