Old 16-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Barry

Default Cleaning Tetra cannister filter???

I'm so glad that you replied. I remembered that you had this filter.
I going to go wash them out and get these buffing pads.
I do have extra filters in there, but there a/c filters.
BTW, do you use the carbon filter pad and if so, how often do you change it?
Thanks for your help.

"MISSYMAGICGIRL" wrote in message
I know what you have is a Tetra PF3. I have that one too! I used it last

season
it's my first filter. I love it and found out the hard way about how to

clean
it. What I did was to disconnect it and quickly rinse the bio sphere's and
filter with water. It's a hassle but I think why there is so much gunk is

that
the pads they supply are not surficate it trapping most of the dirt. So

what I
did was take someone else's advice and buy floor buffer pads(in different
textures) this winter and use these and I should see that one a clearer

pond
with less dirt all over like last season and two a filter canister that's

not
soo dirtier then the pads themselves!

Now I just have to wait for the winter to be done

Sacha