Old 28-07-2006, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default What can I do about neighbours ivy growing onto my property ??

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:
It will also clear you :-))

"How long has this Ivy been destroying your wall? This is neglect on

your
behlaf. Sorry claim for repointing/rebuilding not agreed"

:-))

Mike

But people often say that ivy does no damage it merely shows up damage
that's already there.

I was under the impression that it ate into the mortar then the bricks
thereby damaging the wall. I also thought that plants such as Virginia
Creeper, Climbing Hydrangea did NOT damage the walls and were the climbers
to have.

How about covering the walls with a thick layer of grease :-)

eeeeeerrrrrr. How would you get it to stick at a time like this ?????????
;-)

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk